About Kika's Kennel
My name is Desarie Fletcher. We are a family oriented Alaskan Klee Kai hobby breeder based out of Southern California. Several years ago we bred Wolf Hybrids and Huskies. The first time I saw the Alaskan Klee Kai I just fell in love! It did not take long to decide to bring them into our hearts and home. Our dogs are considered part of the family. As you can see from our photos our klee kai spend a great deal of time in a social environment. They receive a lot of love and sometimes even take turns sleeping in our bed!
We have a small select breeding program that strives for temperament, health and conformation. We adhere to the strict breeding standards established by the UKC, AKKAOA, and Linda Spurlin. We have shown our AKK in UKC and ARBA shows across the nation and have received numerous awards. Showing our dogs in Conformation has become a family sport, our children show in the junior class as well as with us adults, Brayden and his dogs have won Best of Breed and even gone into Best In Show.
A Breeders Life
- A Breeder (with a capital B) is one who thirsts for knowledge and never really knows it all, one who wrestles with decisions of conscience, convenience, and commitment. One that shares this knowledge and guides those interested.
- A Breeder is one who sacrifices personal interests, finances, time, friendships, fancy furniture, and deep pile carpeting! She gives up the dreams of a long luxurious cruise in favor of turning that all important show into this year's" vacation".
- The Breeder goes without sleep in hours spent planning a breeding or watching anxiously over the birth process, and afterwards, over every little wiggle or cry.
- The Breeder skips dinner parties because that litter is due or the babies have to be fed at eight. She disregards birth fluids and puts mouth to mouth, to save a gasping newborn, literally blowing life into a tiny helpless creature that may be the culmination of a lifetime of dreams.
- A Breeder's lap is a marvelous place where dogs of proud and noble heritage often snooze.
- A Breeder's hands are strong and firm and often soiled, but ever so gentle and sensitive to the thrusts of a puppy's wet nose.
- A Breeder's back and knees are usually arthritic from bending and sitting in the whelping box, but are strong enough to guide that new little pup to maturity.
- A Breeder's shoulders are often heaped with responsibility, but they're wide enough to support the weight of a thousand defeats and frustrations.
- A Breeder's arms are always able to wield a mop, support an armful of puppies, or lend a helping hand to a newcomer.
- A Breeder's ears are wondrous things, sometimes red (from being talked about), or strangely shaped (from being pressed against a phone receiver). Often deaf to criticism, yet always fine tuned to the whimper of an anxious puppy.
- A Breeder's brain is foggy on faces, but can recall pedigrees faster than an IBM computer.
- The Breeder's heart is often broken, but it beats strongly with hope everlasting.......and it's always in the right place! Oh, yes, there are breeders, and then, there are Breeders!!!
Thank you for viewing our website and invite you to email us with questions or comments.